I am a Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (postdoc) at the
Institut für Mathematik of
Berlin in the group of Klaus Altmann.
I graduated from Imperial College London in September 2017 and my advisor was Alessio Corti. Before that I studied in Pisa (Italy).
Here is my CV.
Here is my Google Scholar profile.
My e-mail address is: andrea.petracci[at]fu-berlin.de
My permanent e-mail address is: andrea.petracci[at]alumni.sns.it
Address: Freie Universität Berlin
Fachbereich Mathematik und Informatik
Institut für Mathematik
Arnimallee 3, Raum 115
Algebraic geometry is the area of my work. My interests lie in the classification problem of Fano varieties and I am especially interested in toric geometry, deformation theory, Gromov-Witten theory and the Gross-Siebert program.
Here is the list of my works:
- On deformations of toric Fano varieties. arXiv:1912.01538
- An example of Mirror Symmetry for Fano threefolds. arXiv:1901.06155
- Some examples of non-smoothable Gorenstein Fano toric threefolds. To appear on Math. Z. doi.org/10.1007/s00209-019-02369-8 arXiv:1804.07960
- Homogeneous deformations of toric pairs. arXiv:1801.05732
- (with A. Oneto) On the quantum periods of del Pezzo surfaces with 1/3(1,1) singularities. Adv. Geom. 18 (2018), no. 3, 303-336. doi.org/10.1515/advgeom-2017-0048 arXiv:1507.08589
- (with M. Akhtar, T. Coates, A. Corti, L. Heuberger, A. Kasprzyk, A. Oneto, T. Prince, K. Tveiten) Mirror Symmetry and the Classification of Orbifold del Pezzo Surfaces. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 144 (2016), no. 2, 513-527. doi.org/10.1090/proc/12876 arXiv:1501.05334
ThesesMy PhD thesis about Mirror Symmetry for Fano varieties and for singularities, written under the supervision of Alessio Corti (Imperial College London), September 2017
My MSc thesis about the moduli stack of curves and hyperelliptic curves, written under the supervision of Angelo Vistoli (Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa), March 2013
My BSc thesis (in Italian) about the Lefschetz hyperplane theorem, written under the supervision of Rita Pardini (Università di Pisa), July 2010
Teaching/Lehre at Freie Universität Berlin
Summer Semester 2020: lectures and exercise classes of Complex Analysis
Winter Semester 2019/20: course of Computer Algebra
Summer Semester 2019: lectures and exercise classes of Complex Analysis
Winter Semester 2018/19: exercise classes of Algebra I (Commutative Algebra)
Other documentsA poster about Kontsevich formula of plane rational curves and Gromov-Witten invariants, written together with Francesca Carocci
A poster about Mirror Symmetry and Fano varieties
Some slides (in Italian) on the moduli stack of curves and hyperelliptic curves, May 2013
Some slides (in Italian) on Cayley-Bacharach properties in algebraic geometry, May 2011
Other activitiesI am co-organising the opening conference of the thematic Einstein semester on algebraic geometry, which will be held in Berlin in the winter semester 2019/20.
In July 2018, together with Tom Ducat I organised a workshop in Nottingham about cluster algebras and algebraic geometry.
In the academic year 2014-2015, together with Lars Sektnan, I organised the Junior Geometry Seminar at Imperial College.
In April 2014 I co-organised the Traumatic Workshop: Birational Geometry and Fano Varieties at Imperial College.
In December 2013, together with Andrea Fanelli, I took photos for the charity calendar of the geometry group of Imperial College.