This new version of MonTeX should deliver
the following features:
For installation of this new version, there are some caveats:
- Mongolian and Manju in one package
- Straightforward romanization method for Mongolian and Manju input
- Freely mixable horizontal (Latin) and vertical (Mongolian, Manju) text
with support for large documents
- Unified approach to Mongolian and Manju related commands
- A huge glyph repertoire
- Purge thoroughly all old files from former MonteX and ManjuTeX
installations as there are name conflicts. This includes *tfm and
- Make sure you have diagnose.sty as MonTeX delegates all environment
checks instead of doing this work itself.
- Before doing anything else, latex, or even better, elatex the file
- Put all components of the various directories into their habitual
- If you want to skip the installation and see the documentation,
then have a look at doc/montex.pdf.
Oliver Corff, Shenyang and Beijing, November 28th, 2001.